Do you know what doctors, nurses, and workers have in common? All these individuals work night shifts. No matter whether you are an early riser or a night owl working night shifts is a daunting task.
In a 24 hour society, 1.5 billion individuals work in different shifts at different time intervals. 19 per cent of them work for 48 hours or more during the week. Shift working brings a lot of health issues with it that are difficult to cope up with. Gastroenteritis, diabetes, and a certain type of cancer are some of them.
Surging Health Issues:
Night shift reduces the body’s ability to fight with DNA damage. Suppression of the hormone Melatonin has been observed which regulates the internal clock in the body.
There is a need to maintain a perfect balance between healthy living and work to prevent such issues from taking place.
Coping Strategies for Night Workers:
Performing work at night is a daunting task. Apart from buying Waklert, here are some coping strategies for those who work at night :
- Take time to relax: You are dealing with a lot of work at night. Take an hour or so to relax. A warm cup of milk or a hot bath with relaxing music will rejuvenate your mind and body.
- Meals: When you have the night shift take meals at the same time during the day. Avoid skipping meals or compensating it with fast foods as it will result in weight gain. As you work the night shift, your diet will be opposite to those working the day shift. Avoid intake of heavy meals. Dividing your meal into portions helps you stay healthy and active at work. Protein-rich food must be included in the diet. Those with a sweet tooth can crave something sweet at the end of the day.
- Beverages: Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited at night. Intake of alcohol makes you fall asleep instantly. The moment the alcohol sedation wears off, you wake up with disturbed sleep. Most of the night shift workers prefer having coffee to stay awake at night. Don’t follow this habit in the day time as it promotes wakefulness. Have a glass of orange juice and perform physical activity for better sleep at night.
- Temperature and light control: If your room is extremely hot or cold, then it is time to make some adjustments to it.64 to 66 degrees is considered an ideal bedroom temperature.
- Medication: Night duty disturbs the normal sleep cycle of an individual. If your shift has been stretched from the working hours and you are unable to focus on work, then buy waklert after consulting the doctor and enhance your productivity in no time. It acts on the areas that promote wakefulness in the body. Get your medical history checked before starting this medicine to get the desired results.
- Block any daytime noise: During the daytime, you might experience noise from different areas, which makes daytime sleep difficult. Wear comfortable earplugs to cancel the noise coming from every nook and corner.
The life of night workers is very hard. Follow these steps to manage the night duty in an effective way. In case you have to do some important household chore or office task for which you need to stay up, then buy armodafinil and give your productivity a boost.
Checked By: Emma Wilson (Sexual Health Expert)
Checked Date: 26-Jul-2022
Next Check Due: Jul-2023